Farage Printing Industries recognizes that the environment is fundamental to existence. We strive for excellence, leadership, sustainability, and integrity through improvement in our environmental performance and management. An awareness of our environmental impact is a responsibility of all employees at every level in the company. All personnel have an obligation to apply operating practices and procedures which will ensure protection of the environment.
In accordance with the above Farage Printing Industries has identified the following key objectives and actions to serve as guidelines in the implementation of its Environmental Policy.
ISO 14001 Certification: As part of our ongoing commitment to environmental stewardship Farage Printing Industries has achieved its ISO 14001 Certification. This is the first part of a number of verifiable steps to recognize the importance of our environmental policy within the Kurdistan Region.
Compliance: Full compliance with all applicable environmental legislation and regulations that affect our activities throughout the company.
Environmental impact: Improve our environmental performance. We shall do this by using paper, energy, technology and other resources with increasing efficiency, and by reducing all forms of waste.
Recycling: Promote recycling and the use of recycled materials, whilst reducing the consumption of all materials wherever possible.
Materials: Establish standards which will promote the use of environmentally friendly processes and materials. We will strive to use eco-friendly, biodegradable materials as far as possible and viable. Where the use of new materials is the only viable option we will ensure that these are obtained from managed sustainable sources.
Efficiency: Design energy efficiency into services and facilities and manage energy in all areas of the business, promoting these services to our own employees and customers.
Suppliers: Place more of our business with suppliers who minimize the impact of their activities on the environment and adhere to an Environmental Policy.
Risk management: Continually identify, evaluate and control the environmental risks associated with our operations. We shall have procedures in place to prevent and respond to emergencies.
Innovation: Support pollution prevention and environmental research, and implement findings consistent with this policy.
Performance evaluation: Evaluate the environmental performance of our operations and personnel, and recognize achievements which support this policy. We shall provide our employees with information and training to fully integrate this policy into their responsibilities at work.
• Deployment of 12 XEROX® ENERGY STAR®️ Multifunction printers with identical XEROX® Connectkey® user interface on all printers.
• Take advantage of sustainable technologies and solutions to reduce waste and optimize use of resources by deploying YSOFT SAFEQ 6 as a print management software
• Automated monitoring of printers: meter readings, toner levels and fault codes by using XEROX DEVICE Agent (XDA)
• Automated consumables ordering and delivery
• Definition of print policy including user authentication, Secure print and printing duple sided/in mono where appropriate.
• Digital transformation, share and store documents in digital form by implementing XEROX® DOCUSHARE® content management platform solution as the central repository
• Supply us the right paper, recycled or paper certified by Forest Stewardship Council (fsc) Return toner cartridges for recycling via the XEROX GREEN WORLD ALLIANCE program User training and engagement.